Having a busy schedule lately means that my hubby’s and I date nights of going out are limited these days. With that said, we are constantly trying to find fun and new activities we can do at home. The other night we decided to have our own fondue night, thanks to Parmigiano Reggiano we found an excellent recipe on their website. The best part about it is that it was super easy to make (and delicious!) We paired our fondue with French baguette bread, grapes, apples, and wine.
This is the exact recipe I followed with step by step instructions
Ingredients (4 people)
1 2/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (grated)
1 2/3 cup Fontina (shredded)
0.67 tablespoon Cornstarch
0.67 Garlic clove cut in half
1 cup White Wine (dry)
0.67 tablespoon Kirsch or Grappa
1. In a large zipper bag, mix both cheeses with the cornstarch until well combined.
2. Rub the inside of a heavy saucepan or fondue pot with the half garlic clove.
3. Add 1 cup of white wine to the pan and heat until almost boiling. Add the cheese mixture little by little, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the sauce thickens and the cheese melts.
4. Once all the cheese has melted, check if the fondue is too thick. It may need a little more wine
5. Add a tablespoon of kirsch or grappa.
6. Put the pot on a burner and keep the sauce bubbling hot while guests dip bread cubes, vegetables, and apple slices into the melted cheese mixture. Caution them to be careful because the fondue will be very hot.
* Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Parmigiano Reggiano®, all opinions are my own.